Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby oh Baby!

Many of you have asked and we are still wondering ourselves, WHEN IS THIS BABY GOING TO BE HERE? I am still pregnant and getting more anxious by the day. We really thought he would be here by now when we discovered I was so progressed at 36 weeks and told to put my feet up and rest. I am no longer resting! Zach and I have made many trips around the neighborhood walking and we are praying he comes soon. It has been really hot here (in the 100+ range) so I do not get out much during the day. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow which when we scheduled it last week, I thought to myself... "he will be here before then". We can't wait to meet our little guy but we know he will come when he is ready. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Kim P. said...

I remember those times...the first time I was checked at 36 weeks I was already pretty far along and we thought he would be there any moment. Then we waited, and waited, and waited 3 more weeks! Hang in there...I know it's hard when you're so close and uncomfortable. And it'll be so worth the wait when he arrives! We're praying for a safe, healthy, easy delivery!!

Briana said...

lol ... Yup, I hung out dilated at three, then four centimeters for a few weeks. Then leaking amniotic fluid for several days ... it was a nice waiting game. Very frustrating, but definitely worth it. I am content with Claire's choice of dates, as it allowed for all sorts of family to come visit, and my house was (mostly) in order by the time she got here. Also, Matt and I had more days together as a couple before you get torn apart for a few weeks during that newborn period. :) We are finally starting to catch our breath again, and it's three weeks later!

So, enjoy the time. Try not to be too anxious and relax as much as you can.

myra said...

My Dr. too teased me for weeks about not making it to the next appt. and every time I did. The worst was after my due date had past and still no baby. It was so frustrating and miserable (without 100 degree days - I can't imagine). As hard as it may be, try to enjoy the last few days without a baby and get as much rest as you can. Easier said than done, I know. We'll be praying and looking forward to meeting your little one. :)

JessBless said...

Oh, Christy, it is so hard, but I do think that those little babies, our bodies, and of course, God know the best time to come. I agree with the 'rest' recommendation. You will always look back and think, "I had so much time before kids, if I only had that now I would appreciate it more." But, no matter what, I know that your world is about to change for the better in deeper ways than even imaginable, and a gift like that is hard to wait for. Hang in there girl! We cannot wait to meet him as well! Oh, and just think of this, your labor will be quicker the more progressed you are before true labor actually hits. You are actually lucky for that.

Mellissa said...

It will be here faster than you know it. Once he is here you will be so happy. The wait is always worth it. I was on bedrest for 4 weeks with Morgan and after that time period I was walking around like crazy thinking that she would come. But no I waited another 2 weeks. He will make his appearance when he is ready. Cant wait to see him and hold him! Good luck and I will be thinking of you lots. Tell Zach Cousin Mellissa said hello.