Tomorrow, Saturday, we will be going home from the hospital. It is bitter sweet because we have been spoiled with great nurses and staff who have been exceptionally helpful. I know we will adjust to being home quickly and sleeping in your own bed is always nice. I thought I would post a more detailed happening of events while Daddy Zach is getting a few moments of rest. By the way, if you can't tell, he is so proud to be a dad and has made this way to easy on me. I am not sure I would have made it without him and I do not know how anyone does it alone. Thanks to the best Daddy EVER, We Love You!
Wednesday morning with two hours of sleep behind us we left the house around 5:15am and headed to the hospital for our past due date induction. We were nervous and excited and Zach was sporting a very red eye, diagnosed Tuesday in a last minute doctor's apt as Pink Eye! Great timing huh, poor guy. Pitocin was started @ 6:17 and the battle was on! Dr Owen broke water at 8:00 and by 8:54 I was more than ready for the delivered epidural. By 10:00 I was 7cm and at 11:00 we were almost there @ 8-9cm. I now was able to nap. At 1:45 we began laboring down to decrease pushing time. I pushed for slightly over an hour with no progression and in fact towards the end, Payce had begun to move back up into the cervix. The doctor thought he might be turned face up instead of the ideal face down. We discussed the options and the safest way determined to finally get the little guy out was a c-section. Upon completion of the procedure @ 5:03pm we realized we had made the best choice. Payce was very stuck and it took a lot of tugging to get his head out of my pelvis. With the bruise and all his head measured 14 inches around. The doctors were certain he would not have fit. Though we never anticipated having the surgery, we are very grateful we decided to when we did. He was finally here, safe and healthy, and we are happy. Recovery was hard for me so I ended up not seeing my sweet boy until around 9:30pm. He is so perfect in every way and we are very blessed!
Thank you to all family and friends who have supported us on this journey. We appreciate the visits, calls, blog posts, and e-mails. They have all been more than encouraging. Thanks especially to my sister who played photographer, coach, boss, and shed the first tears when things went south in the delivery room. She is awesome and made sure we received the best care by her colleges. I think she is more exhausted than we are! Love you sis~
12 years ago
9 comments:
What a great birth story! You guys did and are doing an amazing job! Life will be great at home!! Keep updating your blog....I love checking on you guys! Can't wait to see more pics!
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad Payce made it safe and sound, even though there were some unexpected things. Every day you'll feel a little better, and being home really will be nice. Glad they're taking such great care of you in Lubbock! And Joe saw the pictures and noticed how proud Zach is..he thought that was really cool =) Congratulations! He's a cutie!
Could your story be ANYMORE similar to ours??? CRAZY! :) Glad to hear that you are feeling better & anxious to get home- then the fun begins! Love & miss you guys! I'll call in a few days- after you're settled in at home! Or you can call me when you're ready!
Congratulations to the new family! I am glad everything worked out wonderful and Payce & mom are healthy! Keep us updated.
Breana
Congratulations and Good Job guys! He is gorgeous and perfect... Hopefully We'll meet him in October. Take care and God bless you all.
Rico and Sammy Trevino
He's beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!
Zach & Christy,
Payce is beautiful! Congratulations! All three of my boys were c-sections and Scott was 8 lb. 7 oz., too! I think he was 21 1/2 inches. Have a wonderful time being mommy and daddy. Before you know it he will be 23 like Scott and you will have two others!!! Teehee!!
Wow, thanks for sharing your story! Payce is adorable!
I am so very, very happy for you three! I can't think of better parents for little Payce to have.
I miss you guys and Charley keeps me updated. Now I'll keep updated with your blogging.
Happy, happy days!
Love, Sandy
Post a Comment