So maybe this is a pointless post because there will be no pictures involved. My camera is in the shop being repaired. I was having trouble focusing when zooming in close and wanted to have it checked out before little Knox gets here. I should get it back soon and just can't wait!
We had an exciting weekend celebrating a wedding and the 4th of July. Friday evening after the rehearsal dinner for my adorable cousin, Tyler, and his new sweet wifey, Bethany, we hosted overnight wedding guests. Saturday morning we had planned to make the annual 4th on Broadway Parade. It had pretty much rained non-stop the entire night and that morning, so we chose to stay home instead. We had also planned to have family over for a cookout and water play in the back yard. The rain changed our plans tough we still had everyone over for most of the day. Saturday evening we attended the most fun wedding! Tyler and Bethany did not let the rain crash their plans of an outdoor event. The wedding was at Bethany's parents house, in the country, on a dirt road. Many were sceptical but it turned out to be wonderful! The rain completely stopped when the ceremony began! It also started back after the ceremony. I know there were many prayers that there would be a break in the weather and sure enough, God provided! There were even birds chirping throughout the ceremony. Once we saw where the wedding would take place, we had no question as to why the wedding was not moved indoors. The hill they were married on was beautiful!!! Bethany, her family, and Tyler had worked so hard landscaping and preparing for this day. I was so happy they had the faith to follow through and have the wedding they wanted. Honestly, I have never felt happier or smiled more during any wedding. The ponchos, umbrellas, rain boots, all of it made for such a unique and happy occasion. I can't wait to see wedding pictures! Congrats to you two!!
Sunday was pretty low key. We spent the day being lazy and napping and then hung out with some friends that evening. Monday, Zach was off work so we attempted to get some things done in preparation for baby. I cant believe Knox will be here in just one short month! I was counting open weekends until then and they are few. Yikes!!! I am feeling anxious and nervous, remembering what recovery was like and adjusting to a new living being whom we will have complete responsibility for. I am excited to hold him finally and for Payce to see that there really was a baby in mommy's tummy. He already seems to adore his brother by talking to, singing to, and kissing/hugging my tummy. He is aware of and drawn to most babies we come across and loves his buddy Blaze's baby brother, Brooks.
Before Knox's arrival, I wanted Payce to be sleeping in his big boy bed and potty trained. We have one down and one on the way. If I had known he would take so easy to sleeping in his bed, we would have done it sooner. I anticipated a challenge and I am not sure why. Payce has been an easy child and nothing has been too difficult. I do not take this for granted, I know every child is different. We are working on potty training and I am confident that it can be accomplished if I would just be more consistent. Now that I am a lot less busy and not doing hair every week, we will get it done! Hope I have not bored you. I know most followers mainly look for pictures, maybe next time ;)
We had an exciting weekend celebrating a wedding and the 4th of July. Friday evening after the rehearsal dinner for my adorable cousin, Tyler, and his new sweet wifey, Bethany, we hosted overnight wedding guests. Saturday morning we had planned to make the annual 4th on Broadway Parade. It had pretty much rained non-stop the entire night and that morning, so we chose to stay home instead. We had also planned to have family over for a cookout and water play in the back yard. The rain changed our plans tough we still had everyone over for most of the day. Saturday evening we attended the most fun wedding! Tyler and Bethany did not let the rain crash their plans of an outdoor event. The wedding was at Bethany's parents house, in the country, on a dirt road. Many were sceptical but it turned out to be wonderful! The rain completely stopped when the ceremony began! It also started back after the ceremony. I know there were many prayers that there would be a break in the weather and sure enough, God provided! There were even birds chirping throughout the ceremony. Once we saw where the wedding would take place, we had no question as to why the wedding was not moved indoors. The hill they were married on was beautiful!!! Bethany, her family, and Tyler had worked so hard landscaping and preparing for this day. I was so happy they had the faith to follow through and have the wedding they wanted. Honestly, I have never felt happier or smiled more during any wedding. The ponchos, umbrellas, rain boots, all of it made for such a unique and happy occasion. I can't wait to see wedding pictures! Congrats to you two!!
Sunday was pretty low key. We spent the day being lazy and napping and then hung out with some friends that evening. Monday, Zach was off work so we attempted to get some things done in preparation for baby. I cant believe Knox will be here in just one short month! I was counting open weekends until then and they are few. Yikes!!! I am feeling anxious and nervous, remembering what recovery was like and adjusting to a new living being whom we will have complete responsibility for. I am excited to hold him finally and for Payce to see that there really was a baby in mommy's tummy. He already seems to adore his brother by talking to, singing to, and kissing/hugging my tummy. He is aware of and drawn to most babies we come across and loves his buddy Blaze's baby brother, Brooks.
Before Knox's arrival, I wanted Payce to be sleeping in his big boy bed and potty trained. We have one down and one on the way. If I had known he would take so easy to sleeping in his bed, we would have done it sooner. I anticipated a challenge and I am not sure why. Payce has been an easy child and nothing has been too difficult. I do not take this for granted, I know every child is different. We are working on potty training and I am confident that it can be accomplished if I would just be more consistent. Now that I am a lot less busy and not doing hair every week, we will get it done! Hope I have not bored you. I know most followers mainly look for pictures, maybe next time ;)
5 comments:
One more month. Wow! Payce will be a great big brother. I have really enjoyed watching Landry with Mason and I know you will love it as well with your boys.
Let me know what you find that works in the potty training department. Cy certainly won't be ready to tackle that challenge prior to Lila's arrival, but we'll be there soon. Maybe next summer. I got Lila's diaper bag yesterday and am so excited about it. In a weak moment & against my better judgement, I splurged and got a Petunia Pickle Bottom Cake bag. Ridiculous, I know...but they are just so darn cute & actually quite functional. I've convinced myself that I will use it with my kiddos for many, MANY years to come! Just knew that you would appreciate my purchase! Happy Summer~
I loved the post! Even without pics. Although, I am anxious to see pics of this wonderful wedding I keep hearing about! :) Even Craig loved telling me about it. I can't believe you only have 1 more month, or less by now. Where has the time gone?! I'm already so anxious to have another. I really should bring Maci over to play sometime!! And as your friend Hollie posted about the Petunia Pickle Bottom bag, I sooo love these! And because of her comment, I have decided I shall splurge the next go round. I kept wanting to get one with Maci but just never did. They're fabulous! Love you and can't wait to meet Knox! (An absolutely fabulous name by the way!)
Can't wait to meet Knox! And yes every child is different, but all bring their own wonderfulness to this world, you won't even be able to imagine what you did w/o him! You & Zach are in for some fun times with brothers!!
Glad the transition to his big boy bed went so well, and very interested to see how potty training goes! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment