Today was the two week marker! We will meet Knox Monday, August 9th, 2010. We are scheduled for noon. I am a bit nervous but excited at the same time. These days the nights are long, sleep is missed, my energy level is minimal, and my heart burn the worst. No complaints, just facts. I am ready! My last hospital stay was bliss, pain meds and around the clock wait service with the two most special people near me. This time will be a bit different. I am thinking home is where I will want to be. Our first born expects us there and I will be ready for us all to be together as a family too. I am told over and over again that this time will be easier. Expected surgery without labor and adjustments of meds makes for easier/quicker healing. I hope so!
Payce is ready too. We talk about meeting Baby Knox and how we will be soft and gentle with his brother. He wants to feed and hold him and tickle his feet. I know there will be adjustments for Payce and we look forward to fitting Knox into our routines. Recently, Payce's favorite thing to help me with is unloading and loading the dishwasher. It takes a little longer but it is nice that he can easily grab the dishes on the bottom rack and hand them to me so I don't have to bend over ;) Zach and I both enjoy seeing how proud he is of himself when he gets to help!
My little helper, helping me clean. Notice both legs in one hole of his shorts, dressed himself ;)
Last week our sweet Natalee came to visit from San Antonio! Payce enjoyed her spoiling and we loved having her around. Oh the things we miss about living in B-town! It was a good visit though we were sad to see her go. Payce is still wondering where she went. Love you Natalee!
Tyler turned 5 last week and his big party was this past weekend. I was once again nominated to make the cake. Surprisingly my oven did not spit out the red and black double T, though I am not sure my hubby will allow it to be made again. Tyler's Texas Tech style party was fun and ended with a secretly planned water balloon/water gun fight! Earlier in the week, we went on a tour of Tech's football facilities with Tyler. Notice the color of the "most important" game dates in their weight room. Can anyone guess who the Sept 18th game is against? Hook Em' Baby!
He so wants to drop it, can't you see it in his face?
6 comments:
Sept. 18th??? Hmmm... I need to start thinking about a good prank! lol
So excited for you and your family!!!!!
Yay! Can't wait to see the pictures! We drove through Lubbock a few weeks ago and I was thinking of you. Yes, the recovery the second time is easier, I promise!
Alright two weeks:) Glad that you had a fun visit:) Payce is going to be a great big brother:) I am surprised that Zach didnt trip with that cake--hahaha:)Let me know if you need anything--and Payce is always welcome over here with my rowdy boys:)
I think you should make Zach that same cake for his birthday :)
I can't wait for you guys to meet Baby Knox. It will be such a special moment to see Payce meet his little brother. Enjoy it!!
i am so impressed with your cake making skills, christy! even if it was a texas tech cake.....
Post a Comment