Tuesday, October 28, 2008

4 Months!

Our baby boy is growing so fast and it is hard to believe 4 months can go by in the blink of an eye. Each new day seems to bring a new discovery or trick and they are bitter sweet to me. Payce's firsts are exciting because it reminds me that he is growing and healthy but they also prove that he will soon no longer be a baby. We are blessed to be able to enjoy each moment and appreciate the fact that we have a beautiful healthy boy.

Last week Payce decided that he was interested in toys and anything else he could reach out and grab. He is now chewing on everything which brings lots of drool and requires adding a bib to the outfit or changing shirts more often. We usually eat with him near by and we recently noticed him watching us very curiously as if he wants to taste. He laughs more often and smiles almost every time it is encouraged. Today Payce rolled over from stomach to back for the very first time! I am not sure if he surprised himself or if his stunned look was from my excitement. We showed Daddy twice as soon as he got home this afternoon. His neck and torso have become very strong, maybe from throwing his head and body back each time we interrupt feeding to burp. He'd of course rather keep eating. We are still not sleeping through the night and naps seem short but I know in time this will change.

4 month check-up stats:

Height- 26" 92%
Weight- 16lbs 8oz 85%
Head Circ- 17.5" 98%



Oh, and a little side note... Hook Em' Horns! We are excited for the big game this weekend!!!

Boys will be Boys

Last Friday I had the honor of doing one of my very favorite things...babysitting my two three year old nephews. They never cease to make me laugh and the pictures below explain this. As I scurried around the house to get ready for Payce's doctor's appointment which included feeding all three, bathing Payce, dressing us both, and watching the boys I came across some unusual yet intriguing things. The first is a picture of animals in my closet, not to mention stuffed in my shoes. Seems Koda had everything to do with this one. The second picture is what was left of Tyler's lunch. Do you suppose he was hiding those orange slices or just creating an art piece. I vote for the latter and give him credit for creativity. I love these boys to pieces!

One of the best things in the world to be is a boy; it requires no experience, but needs some practice to be a good one.-Charles Dudley Warner


8 comments:

Mellissa said...

He is getting so big. So handsome! Glad to hear that everything is going good for you and your family.

The Bozemans said...

Growing so fast!!! I seems like yesterday when we were pregnant and swimming ate Tech!!! Payce is so sweet!!!!such a cutie!!!

The Louders said...

Payce is too adorable! And those boys, that is hilarious, gotta give em credit, pretty creative!

Go TECH!

Maggie said...

Can't imagine where those boys get there mischevious side? Can you say BIGHAM? And I can't believe how fast Payce is growing...wish we could see him more often.

Anonymous said...

He is so big and handsome, love those shoes... I wish we could see him soon, I hope you guys can make to the wedding. -RT

Davis Family said...

Payce is absolutely adorable even with that BIG no no on his shoes!
The oranges masterpiece is hilarious...boys are such fun little messes!

Jessica said...

What a cutie! He IS a big boy...Emmie is 9 months old and weighs 18 pounds. But I seem to have little babies!! Keep up the good work, he looks very happy and healthy!

Stephanie and Casey said...

Payce is getting so BIG!!! We miss you guys!!!! Hope to see you soon! Give Payce a big kiss for us!!

Love you all!!