Last week was eventful with a visit to California, Austin and then finally home! We are both exhausted today but excited to have made the whirlwind of a trip. While we were away much progress was made on the house and preparation for baby which make us wonder if we should just leave home for a month! We had our whole furnace, coil, and duct work replaced which makes for a much cozier night's sleep. Thanks to a few of our family members for checking on the house and progress of the work being done! Also, a few of our cabinet doors were delivered and we had word that our counter tops are ready to be installed once the cabinets are complete! Hooray!!! Now if we can just get the cabinets complete!
While in Austin, I helped with a baby shower for a close friend of mine who is having a baby boy soon! It was fun to catch up with some of our Austin friends. Also, my wonderful, creative, and hospitable friend E and her ingenious mother helped me sew some of the baby bedding. I have a couple of items to create on my own but I am off to a great and motivating start with the completion of the bed skirt and most of the bumper pad. Ok, ok... I should really tell you that I mainly watched as the two professionals whipped together the finished product exactly to my description. Thanks to you both, love ya!
This is a sample of the three baby bedding fabrics. The blue looks baby blue in this picture but it is actually more robbins egg blue.

While in California, we made a quick drive to the windy, cold beach. Most of the trip was chilly and overcast with some rain but that did not hinder the beauty of the scenery. Palm trees line every street it seemed, and the vegetation is impeccable. Zach along with co-workers enjoyed a round of golf on Sunday. I was able to see the Academy Awards red carpet covered in tents on Hollywood Blvd as preparations were being made for the big event along with a drive down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. It was a great trip and we would like to visit the West coast again.
3 comments:
It was so great to see you at Whitney's shower! You look so cute pregnant, and I love you fabric for the baby's room =)
I'm glad that you got some of the bedding made- I think it's going to be really cute! Of course I love the fabrics because they aren't too "baby-ish"!!! :)
It was wonderful seeing you at the shower- thank you so much for everything you did! Made me realize that we have got to make it a priority to get together more often! Lubbock isn't that far from Ft Worth!
Pics from San Fran are great too! Glad you and Zach had a good trip!
cute bedding! Loved visiting with yah, lets go eat next week!
Post a Comment