Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's a BOY!!! Feeling a little ashamed that I have known for two weeks and this is my first post about it. It is still just as exciting!!! The sono pics were not great and the boy part was hard to see because the umbilical cord was between his legs. The tech assured me it was a boy so we are going with it. No name at the moment but we are building our list. Boy names are hard for me.

I have felt great the second trimester and have a little more energy than I did in the first. The baby seems to be healthy, too. Payce has caught on to saying baby brother and pointing to my tummy when we ask about it. I can't wait to see him take the role of big brother, I know he will be GREAT! I am looking forward to having the extra help this time. He is very independent and likes to help with little chores like "folding" clothes, carrying them to put away, cleaning with his own rag, throwing things in the trash can, fetching kleenexes, etc.... and taking his dishes to the sink. It takes extra patience to have his help at times but it is rewarding to see him often do things on his own without being asked.
Our little mister is talking in mostly complete sentences. He does get words out of order at times but he speaks very clear. Lately he has been singing wordless songs or some of them have one main word and the rest is just sweet high pitched notes. He is requesting to sit on the potty daily, mainly to get to flush and watch the water go away. He has yet to leave a deposit but hopefully once he does, he will catch on quickly. Sure would be nice to only have one in diapers come August ;)
Yeah for Spring... if we could just convince Winter to go away. Payce begs to play outside and soon I will have no excuses as to why he can't. The weather will be consistently warm and we will enjoy spending more time in the sun! I love that he is a boy and gets dirty like one. It does break my heart when he gets boo-boos like the one on his knee. I know that comes with being almost 2 but it reminds me that he is growing out of his baby phase.
Playing in the dirt with Nana
The boys enjoying some outside time

6 comments:

JessBless said...

That is just fantastic news!!!! We know for a fact that y'all make handsome sweet boys, so we are looking forward to meeting another precious gift of a boy for you.

Stephanie said...

Payce is still so cute. He will be a great big brother. I am glad things are going well. Good luck with the name decision. If you decide you want his name to start with an N I can give you whole list that Kyle vetoed for Jacen's name :)

Davis Family said...

Brothers will be so much fun! Payce is so cute, can't wait to see if they look alike!

I know what you mean about the extra effort to let them help, but it will pay off as he gets bigger.

Anonymous said...

Payce is so super cute and will love being a big brother! Good luck on the name thing. Boy names are tough!

The Rodriguez's said...

Congrats...I can't wait to meet your boys!! We've moved back to Lubbock, so we need to get together some time.

The Bozemans said...

Love that Payce!!So excited for number two!!!!!