Christmas was exciting this year with Payce being a little older. We were able to enjoy more festive activities and start thinking about the traditions we wanted to begin for our little family. We visited Santa Land and enjoyed seeing all the lights and Christmas scenes. It was very cold waiting in line to see Santa and maybe not worth it. Payce was not the least bit thrilled about sitting in Santa's lap, maybe next year.



I posted previously about the snow we had. I was a "White Christmas" and very much enjoyed in our household! We love the snow and it sets a warm, cozy feeling for the Holidays. Now, if it were 90 degrees every other day surrounding the snow, I would enjoy winter much more! I am not much for the cold unless there is precipitation.

We were home Christmas eve and morning. Santa visited and we had a relaxing morning playing with Payce and his new toys. Christmas afternoon we went to the big Bigham Christmas at Nana and Papaw's. Wow, there are a lot of us! I remember it being just us cousins and now there are cousins, their spouses, and almost everyone has kids of their own! We had fun catching up with the ones we don't see so often and, of course, stuffing our faces!



Zach and I got to host Christmas with my parents and siblings this year. We celebrated all day Saturday. It is so much fun to see how our family has grown and to see our kids enjoy each other. I remember playing with my cousins and having the best of times. Zach cooked some awesome fajitas on the grill and we had lots of Mom and Cari's homemade candy! By the time the day was over we were stuffed and sick of food :)
New Years Eve we drove to Zach's parents to celebrate Christmas. Troy was in from Miami and we enjoyed visiting with him the short time we were there. We rested and watched football and Payce entertained all. Again, we were spoiled with good food and lots of toys! Saturday we made our way back home to recover from the Holidays.

It was a wonderful year and we are so blessed with great families and loving friends. It is always bitter sweet to see the Holidays pass, but we are excited for the new year and all that is to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment