Monday, November 17, 2008

5 Months

Time flys when you are having fun! We are enjoying our always changing, ever so adorable, UP THREE TIMES A NIGHT, curious baby boy. Seems like yesterday we met this angel and then again I can't remember what we did before him. Payce is growing "like a weed" Zach says, and around here they grow fast! We are currently working on our sleeping habits. I know one day I will miss him waking me at night, sometimes just to say hi and know we are there to hold him for 10 minuets or so, and sometimes to let us know he is uncomfortable. I am not complaining, just dreaming of a 6-8 hour stretch for my baggy eyes and sluggish mornings. We will get there.

For the past several days, Payce has been very clingy to his MAMA! Not sure what the deal is but I can hardly leave the house much less the room without him noticing. Last week I tried to have dinner with some girlfriends. I left a bottle and a happy boy home with Zach. Just as our food arrived at the table I get a text from Zach saying "come home, Payce not good". Of course I am frantic wondering what is going on. I get in the car and call and I hear Payce screaming in the background. I hurry home and walk in door. As soon as he sees me, he calms down and acts like nothing ever happened! Poor Daddy. I know Zach tried so hard. He is very good with Payce and more involved than a lot of dads. Payce adores Zach but for some reason, he is going through a phase. Zach takes it much better than I would. I think I might have my feelings hurt and feel unfit. From what I hear, I could experience these feelings soon because supposedly they will go back and forth on who they "favor". Lets just say that for now he is a Mama's Boy!

7 comments:

Maggie said...

It's true...they'll switch back & forth but enjoy the time where he's really a momma's boy cause once you can't throw a ball like daddy does you really start to miss it!

Kim P. said...

He's so adorable! I remember going to Bunco one night and having to leave early because Ryan was missing me. I think it was probably right around this age. I think the best advice I've heard lately is that to remember this is a phase and won't last forever, although that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating or tiring at the time. You will get to sleep 6-8 hours in a stretch one day, I promise! And then when your boy is sick and doesn't do that, you'll wonder how you ever survived having a newborn! Ha! That's how I felt this weekend anyway =)

Briana said...

He is too cute. Y'all have an angel there. Enjoy this time, 'cause even with the lack of sleep, it's wonderful and you will miss it when he's tearing through the house at 2 or five years old and you are wondering where your little baby went. :)

Whitney said...

He's precious as always! I know what you mean about the clingy phase. Austin is going through it too- cries if I leave the room (even if Shane is there.) I feel back for Shane... but know it's just that... a phase!

Anonymous said...

Well, I really don't have any advice for you, just that keep doing what you guys doing, he's so cute and adorable!

Hollie said...

sweet handsome boy!!! Enjoyed getting to spend some time with you guys on Thursday & I'm loving my new do! Thanks~ Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

PrEsToNs said...

aww... he is so sweet! I'm glad I got to hold him so much the other day! Ya'll are so fun. Love the pics!