Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tis the Season





December began with lots of preparation for Christmas. Of course, I was behind on everything and wished we had decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving. Maybe next year ;) Payce was excited about getting a tree and helped us pick this one out. It was perfect! We have enjoyed having a real tree the past two years. Zach's job is getting the lights on the tree. He is best at it. Payce and I decorated and Knox was our cheerleader.



Post has a yearly Christmas parade and our family had a float in it. Payce and a few of his cousins rode as reindeer/elves and Papaw was Santa. It was a very cold night but lots of fun!



We were lucky enough to have our sweet friend Savannah come visit from Austin. Savannah and I went to cosmetology school together and now she is pursuing her BSN through the Texas Tech school of nursing. We miss her already.




This is what it is like trying to get a picture of three handsome boys in front of a pretty Christmas tree. oh well...


We visited Vintage Township in hopes to see Santa. The information we had about Santa being present the day we went was a miss print. Oops. The kids had fun riding the carriage pulled by horses, though, and I snapped this cute picture of P and Brynne.



Baby's first Christmas!



Tyler gave us this little bike that one of Cari's former patients put together for Tyler. The man apparently recycles old bike parts to make working bikes of all sizes. This one is perfect for Payce now, and he has learned how to pedal. He never forgets his helmet and thinks his sunglasses are a must! Cute boy!!


Our good friends, the Brehmers, had a little Christmas get together for all of our families that are close. We stuffed ourselves and played hard! Payce built up the courage to ride the zip line with Zach. I think he wants one of his own now.






Christmas Eve we celebrated amongst the four of us. We opened gifts and then made cookies for Santa. Payce is quite the little cookie cutter. He wasn't sure about leaving Santa cookies and milk but when he saw it gone the next morning, he was surprised.







Our sweet babes in their Christmas pj's.





Christmas morning

I didn't get a good shot of them with their loot, but Santa was GOOD!


Proud Papa


Can someone please take over the picture taking?!! I failed at getting pictures of the kids with grandparents at Christmas. Urgh, what was I thinking? Sorry Nana and Papa and Bmaw and PopPop.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Pace is so big!! How are you guys?? The baby is adorable!! Miss seeing you every once in a while!