Sunday, October 17, 2010

Catching up

Time for some catch up blogging! I always have more pictures to post than words to say. The most time consuming thing about blogging is unloading all the memory sticks of pictures and choosing which pics to use on the blog. In a round about way I guess I am making excuses as to why it has been so long since my last post.
We have been in a whirl wind of just life and all that goes on with two little ones. It has been fun. I hesitate to ever act like my crazy and sometimes chaotic days are ever more exhausting than the average mom's. Staying home with my babies is such a blessing and I will never take it for granted, but that is not to say that it is always cake! Kudos to you working mommies, I know it is tough too. Nevertheless, we are trucking right along and making the most of our days even if we don't make it out of our pj's some of them.
Payce and Knox are quite a pair. Knox sometimes notices Payce and other times wants him out of the way. Payce loves his little bro but is still figuring out that he is a baby and can't handle a rough poke or loud outburst. He is always wanting to hug and kiss Knox's chubbiness and I can't blame him. We finally got rid of the jaundice look in Knox's face. The pedi said it was just breast fed baby jaundice. He still is darker complected than Payce. At Knox's two month doctor appointment he weighed a woppin 14lbs and 15 oz, in the 100th percentile and was 24.4 inches long! This is 2lbs heavier than P was and the very same length at 2 months. He is a big boy and very stout. He is also sleeping well though it would be nice if he took a pacifier. I never thought I would say that, but he searches for something to pacify himself with and usually ends up eating his fist. Maybe he is going to be a thumb sucker like P?
Payce is one step closer to graduating from college...He is POTTY TRAINED!!! For the most part anyway, we are still working on the#2 issue. He is dry in the mornings and after naps. He has even gotten up in the night to use the bathroom. We are so proud of his accomplishment and even more excited to be buying diapers for only 1!
Payce's new favorite thing to eat is an apple. Perfect for the season, he eats at least one a day. He likes to bite into the whole apple rather than having it cut up. We even found one in the refrigerator with a little bite mark on it, hum. He is excited about all the pumpkins around and even picked some out himself.
Aside from parenting, we are enjoying some Longhorn Football! Well, this past weekend was enjoyable. They hopefully have kicked things into gear now and will have a better season than the first games hinted. Uncle Troy made a visit along with Zach's parents for the Texas v. Tech game and we had a little party with our fellow Texas fans. That Sunday we drove to Austin and on the way stopped to see Zach's Grandma for her birthday. Knox met Grandma K for the first time. We stayed in Austin all week for Zach's conference It was our first trip with two and it went very well, though it was a lot harder to get out of the hotel room and around to our favorite spots in A-town with a new born and a 2 year old. It was nice to be away from home for a little while. The next week, Zach headed to Minneapolis for more work stuff. We opted out of this trip and I survived the four days at home alone with the boys.
The South Plains Fair came to town and we thought Payce would enjoy going. Actually, we couldn't resist the opportunity for a corn dog and a turkey leg ;) We fought the lunch crowd and met Zach there one day. Payce and Tyler enjoyed seeing the animals even though Mr.P was scared to touch them all.
October means that Zach is another year older, wiser, more handsome, more fabulous,... I'll spare you the rest. His birthday fell on a Saturday this year and we enjoyed being together as a family and relaxing all weekend.































5 comments:

Mellissa said...

So cute! They are both getting so big.

Maggie said...

Love all the pics and that chunky little face!

Davis Family said...

I love how Knox is strating to look like his own little self!They're both such handsome little dudes! I know all about the whirlwind....try & savor those sweet moments!

The Bozemans said...

awww---so cute---:)being a mommy is work:)

The Louders said...

I need to get over and meet that little chunk! And see you, it's been too long. I know Maci and Payce would enjoy one another too.