Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Road Trippin', Conference, and Friends

We left last Friday evening on a trip to our favorite small town of Boerne and then to Austin for Zach's work conference. It was a blast of course but we needed a couple of days to unwind and catch up on rest. Payce met lots of new people, many of them are more like extended family. We were impressed that the shopping, sleeping in different locations, hours in the car seat, unfamiliar faces, and the slight climate difference did not seem to affect his mood. Towards the end of the trip his schedule got off a bit and we were up many times throughout the night. This seemed to cause more problems for mommy and daddy than did Payce. It was nice to have a mini vacation tucked around Zach's conference and also nice to know Payce is ok traveling! This marks our first family trip and I did a very poor job of photographing it. My sister looked through the pictures I took and said "you only took pictures of Payce". I noticed she was right after I looked through them myself and saw only a few other people besides Payce. My intentions were to do better.

Payce a couple of days before the trip


On the road... he seems to be attached to this elephant blankey


Shopping in Boerne


Kaita, where is your nose? Such a sweet girl!


Kaita kissing Payce


... and Kaita hugging Payce.




After eating at one of our Austin favorites HULA HUT...yum!




The Rushing cuties... Holden, Georgia, Alexandra

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. He is so big already! You guys look great. Keep me posted it. I hope to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

CC said...

So sorry the little boys and I missed your visit! It looks like you had fun!
Luv Ya,
Colleen

Mellissa said...

He is growing so fast. So adorable!! Cant wait to meet him.

Whitney said...

Hula Hut... yum. Glad yall had a great trip to Austin- wish we could have been there too! As always, very cute pics of Payce! Can't believe I will see him in 2 weeks!

Stephanie and Casey said...

They just keep growning and growing!!! I can't believe how much they change in a short period of time, and how that time does fly by!! We miss all of you! Lots of love!!!!

The Louders said...

We had fun in Austin! Thanks for showing us around. And dang, who took that good picture at Hula Hut? Hmm...hehe. Can you send me the one of us at the table? Not the greatest, but hey.